Tuesday 12 January 2016

Unboxing/Review: Sugarpill (Cocktail Cosmetics)

Posted by Kim

My girlfriend has had an interest in Jeffree Star lipstick for a while, but it is quite expensive to get in the UK. Meanwhile, I've been interested in trying out Sugarpill, and when I went on a little searching spree I found the website Cocktail Cosmetics - based in the UK and selling these two brands (among many, many others). So we decided to give them a try!

The order was placed on the second of January, payment via Paypal. As this was a Saturday, our package wasn't shipped until the fourth and arrived on the fifth. Cocktail Cosmetics send you a confirmation email of your order, a dispatch notification, and - in our case - Royal Mail emailed on the day of the delivery to let us know the items would be delivered that day. An email was also sent upon delivery.

The website is easy enough to use: you can search by product (lips/eyes/etc) or brand, or simply use the search box. There's also free postage for UK orders over 50 pounds, but as we had no experience with these products yet, we only ordered one item each and had to pay for delivery, which cost 3.95. There's also free Europe delivery for orders over 80 pounds. Apart from Paypal, they also accept card payments. Also, they deliver worldwide!

For our first order, my girlfriend wanted Jeffree Star's Blow Pony (14 pounds) and I chose Sugarpill's Midori pressed eyeshadow (8.95).



The box our items arrived in. Tracked, but not signature needed.



And inside. There's plenty of packaging to keep your items safe!



Card from Cocktail Cosmetics. Luckily, nothing was wrong with our order so we didn't need to contact them.



I don't even know if a box this size was needed, because the bubblewrap holds both our items. Look how small that is!

I didn't take any pictures of the Jeffree Star lipstick, as it wasn't mine, but it was lovely pink packaging and my girlfriend absolutely loves the lipstick. She confirms you definitely need to use a lip scrub first and it could make your lips a little dry (so some Vaseline or lip balm might not be a bad idea, depending on how dry your lips tend to get).



The Sugarpill packaging is absolutely adorable! I love the little message when you open the box and it's all so bright and colourful.



The green is such a lovely colour and it applies as smoothly as described. It also seems to withstand water quite well, or perhaps I was simply lucky. The only problem I had was the lack of a good brush, but once I've got one of those, I'll definitely be buying more Sugarpill products.

Something I love about both brands: they're cruelty-free! In other words, they've not been tested on animals, which I personally find very important. I'm not sure about Jeffree Star, but some Sugarpill products are also vegan so it's really good for everyone. I was also pleased with the service I received from Cocktail Cosmetics; no problems there!

0 comments: