Saturday 2 January 2016

Unboxing: Lush

Posted by Kim

Although I adore Lush and their products, I had never bought from the website before. First time I tried was Boxing Day - not the best idea! It took hours for the website to even work, but in the end I managed to place an order close to midnight, which was dispatched on the 29th and arrived on the 30th. Honestly haven't ever received a parcel that smelled better!

My order consisted of Santa's Belly (2), Magic Wand (2), Snow Fairy (500 ml), So White (2), Father Christmas (2) and Five Gold Rings. Most of this stuff I'd never used before, so I might review them later.



It was a big box, with a little sticker to tell you who packed it, just like you get one on the products themselves. The box was delivered by DPD, who give you a one-hour window in which it will reach you and you can track it live to see where it is. It's also pretty easy to change the time or date or to ask them to deliver the box to a safe place or a neighbour.



The inside! There are a lot of foam peanuts, but this is because Lush doesn't do regular packaging for the products - as this is a waste - and you can always use the peanuts again for other parcels. :)



The booklet with all Lush products!



I was so lucky to get this, as it was sold out when I first got the website working and then, a few minutes later, it was back! Some people were apparently told during the processing of their order that certain items were sold out, but I was in luck. This is not for me, though, but for my girlfriend. I do enjoy the smell of Snow Fairy, but it's a bit too sweet for me. She'll be able to use it for a while, though, as it's the big bottle, and with Lush a little goes a long way. :)



Magic Wands! These are bubble bars: you simply run them under the tap or drag them through the water and they create a wonderful bubble bath. These basically smell of Snow Fairy, so again: for my girlfriend.



Father Christmas bath bombs. Also for my girlfriend, because they smell quite sweet. Not bad, though!



Five Gold Rings bubble bar. You simply crumble these under the tap, but I don't think you need to use a full one each time. I'm really looking forward to using these! The smell is difficult to explain, but I like it. I've never actually used a bubble bar myself, so I'm curious.



So White bath bombs! One for my girlfriend, one for me. I adore Lush bath bombs, they're definitely the best ones, and these smell of apples. Very fresh and clean!



Santa's Belly, both for me! They come in these round, well, bellies, and you could probably hang them from the tree (if your tree is big/strong enough). I had a bit of a struggle opening these up, but that was more my problem than the packaging's.



More peanuts inside to keep the items safe, and then the items themselves. Each one contains Santa's Belly shower jelly and a red Fun bar. I've never used either before, but I love shower jelly! It takes so long to use up and I love the apple smell of this one, so I hope it'll make me smell really good. I've used a pink Fun before (still have some left, in fact), and I quite like it. You can use these for anything, but I stick to using it as a shampoo: it makes my hair soft and shiny, the volume is perfect and my hair doesn't get greasy too quickly. The pink one smells of candy, but the red ones of mandarin and orange, so I'll end up smelling like a fruit bowl. XD But I can't say I mind. One thing about Fun, though: I left the pink one for quite some time before using it, and although it's still within the best before date, it's very soft and difficult to use. So be sure to use it fresh!

0 comments: