Monday 11 July 2016

LUSH - Intergalactic Bath Bomb

Posted by Kim

For my birthday this year, my friend got me a box of LUSH products - including the Intergalactic bath bomb.



I finally tried it the other day and I really quite enjoyed it. It sells at £4.25 and according to the website, the ingredients are as follows:

- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Citric Acid
- Popping Candy
- Perfume
- Cream of Tartar Water (Aqua)
- Peppermint Oil
- Grapefruit Oil
- Vetivert Oil
- Cedarwood Oil
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Lauryl Betaine
- Limonene
- Linalool
- Snowflake
- Lemon Ice and Gold Glimmer Lustre
- Colour 42090
- Colour 45410



As soon as I tossed in the bath bomb, blue spread throughout the bath and rainbow colours followed suit. Once it had fully dissolved, the water turned a beautiful, deep blue that did its name justice (it truly reminded me of space!). The glimmer stuck to the sides of the bath, giving off an even stronger aura of space, which was only enhanced by the sparkles in the water. Concerning its effect, it's one of the prettiest bath bombs I've used so far! I found the scent hard to determine - there's definitely mint, but although I've seen reviews that say there was such a minty smell, to me the other ingredients came through as well. The smell was strong enough to make my fiancée, who was in a different room, cough. It seems to get less intense the longer the bath bomb has been in the water, though I might have simply got used to it and, to be honest, I myself never found it overwhelming in the first place. In fact, I really loved the scent! Do bear this in mind when purchasing it, though.

Even the day after, the scent sticks to my skin, though much milder now. However, so do the sparkles. I don't mind, as they're not too noticeable - unless you actually go looking for them - but perhaps don't use it right before you go somewhere where you don't want to risk having glitters on your body at all.

Pros:

- Very pretty effect in the water
- Lovely scent that lingers
- Made my skin feel quite soft

Cons

- Initial scent might be overwhelming to some
- The glimmer sticks to the tub afterwards (luckily easy enough to clean off)

Overall, for me: 9/10. I will definitely be purchasing this one again.

0 comments: