Wednesday 30 December 2015

Unboxing: Horror Block (December 2015)

Posted by Kim

Because I feel that the Horror Block gives me good value for money - and because I simply love it - I still have my subscription. As I haven't done an unboxing in over a year, I thought I might as well do a post for this one in case anyone is on the fence about getting it (although Nerd Block have deals regularly where you can get one box free for a month or where prices are lower for that exact reason). This one actually arrived really early: I received an email about shipping yesterday, but as it turns out, it was already in England by then!



The box has not changed, which is nice, because it means I always recognise it as soon as the postman heads my way. :) Value is always $19.99, the same price you pay for it, with a little list of what's in it for customs purposes (if you feel like this ruins the fun: I've honestly never looked at it until after I've opened the box. It's addressed to me, I know what it is, so I don't look at anything else.)



What's inside! The shirts are usually black, so I was a bit surprised to see red. However, seeing how I love red, I can't say I mind. Plus, I immediately recognised Freddy. My default for the shirt is unisex, size L, which fits me perfectly. You have different types and sizes you can choose yourself. The only thing that's not up to you is what's actually on the shirt.



The shirt in full! It's dedicated to Wes Craven and therefore has several of his most famous characters on it. I love that they did this, as I'm a big Craven fan and I will be more than happy to wear this. :)



A small Freddy Krueger plushie was included. It's surprisingly cute. XD I received a Jason one before, so I'll probably put them together.



I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but I actually really, really like it! However, seeing how I don't have a car, it will have to remain on my desk instead.



So apparently there are keychains like this now... I personally don't watch The Walking Dead, although I'm considering doing so at some point as everyone must be raving about it for some reason (I don't like zombies, hence why I've been putting it off). But perhaps I can make a friend happy with this. :)



Rue Morgue! I'm always so happy to see this magazine, as it's absolutely perfect for horror lovers.



And, lastly, a Cthulhu versus Godzilla portrait. My girlfriend is a huge Godzilla fan, so I'll probably give it to her (not that I don't like Godzilla myself!). It looks pretty cool. :)

All in all, I'd say it was worth the money (the magazine alone is really expensive), and this time there was nothing to make me go 'meh', which occasionally happens when a franchise I don't care for much myself is the main part of the theme. At least it means I can make other people happy. XD Looking forward to next month's!

0 comments: